This past Tuesday, we enjoyed a beautiful warm day after all the rain storms. It made for some fun puddle jumping. At the Museum, we participated in some pioneer Christmas activities: opening old-fashioned gifts, stringing popcorn, making a shadow play and gingerbread cookies. The children were all enthralled, proving that simple pleasures really are the best. Thanks to Fort Langley Elem PAC, who provided our class with money towards this field trip. Check out our winter art, a study on perspective, on display at the Fort Langley Post Office all month.
The week ahead at a glance: Dec. 3-7
We are beginning a new special helper sharing assignment: Our Family Traditions. Each day, the special helper will share a picture (drawing or photo) and/or a memento of a tradition that makes the holiday season special to their family. This is part of our learning about self and family in Social Studies. A reminder will come home in your child’s backpack when it is their turn. From the drawings, we will create a class book that they will be able to read all year.
- Monday: At FLE. Our outdoor ed team will meet after school to choose a name for our awesome program. Any last minute suggestions? Add them to the suggestion box in our hallway before the end of the day!
- Tuesday: At the park. We will enjoy a bonfire and outdoor crafts to help decorate for the birds and the Fort Camping community. We are still looking for a parent helper to bring hot chocolate and help with crafts and the fire.
- Wednesday: At the park.
- Thursday: At FLE. School Christmas Store. Please send between $2-10 with your child if you would like to allow them to shop at the school store for family gifts.
- Friday: At FLE. Library day. Hot lunch.
- Next week: Dec. 13 is our Christmas concert!