Happy Chinese New Year! We learned about how other cultures celebrate a new year with food, traditions and decorations. We will continue this week.
Last week, we also learned that sound is vibration, and sound can vary in volume and pitch. We made musical instruments that could show how sound can change.
This week at a glance: Feb. 4 – 8
This week we continue to explore Chinese New Year and pandas, sound and light, personal identity and story structure. If the weather gets too cold and windy to be outside, we will email parents to let everyone know by 7:30 AM on Tuesday. Current Environment Canada weather forecast looks favourable for outdoor days: sunny and high of -1.
- Monday – At FLE. Home Reading book exchange.
- Tuesday – At the park. Dress warmly! We will have a fire for warmth. Send a plastic or metal cup if your child likes to have a cup of warm herbal tea.
- Wednesday – At the park. Early Dismissal at 1:36 for Collaboration.
- Thursday – At FLE. Book Fair.
- Friday – At FLE. Friday Family Reading 8:50-9:10. Book Fair. No Library book exchange.
- Looking ahead: Valentine’s Day is Thursday, Feb. 14. We will make a Friendship Fruit Salad. Each student brings a cut-up fruit to add to the bowl. A class list will go home next week for those who wish to give out Valentine’s cards. No school on Feb. 15 and Feb. 18.