Last week we enjoyed two snowy days at the park. We stayed busy painting rocks, making hand warmers and tasting maple syrup snow cones. Students journaled about their experiences and kept warm playing in the snow.
The week ahead at a glance: February 25-March 1
- Monday – At FLE. We’ll walk in the morning to the rainbow crosswalk in Fort Langley to learn about this community diversity project. Early Dismissal at 11:36 for Report Card Prep.
- Tuesday – At the park.
- Wednesday – At the park. Bird Nesting presentation in the AM and bird house building in the PM. Please send a labeled Robertson screwdriver and let me know if you are available to help. (It is also Pink Shirt Day but who knows what’s under the winter coat!)
- Thursday – At FLE. Making a ‘Project Heart’ tile for a school-wide art installation about diversity and respect.
- Friday – Canucks Place Cookie Sale and wear your Canuck colours (white, green and blue or vintage yellow, black and orange) for a school spirit day. Cookies are $1 each and will be sold at recess, lunch and after school.
- March 6 – Snowshoeing at Mount Seymour with our big buddies. Pay online, permission forms will go home on Monday, Feb. 25.
- March 8 – Term 2 Reports available
- March 13-14 – Student-led conferences. If you would prefer a private conference, please let me know.
- March 16-31 Spring Break