Learning with a sense of place and time allows students to connect to their senses, memories and emotions. We are enjoying all the new life that is springing up – students are learning to identify wildflowers, shrubs, ducks, birds, insects and amphibians as they come across them in the park. We are also enjoying re-visiting our favourite places like the Listening Bridge, the Race Track and the Frog Pond. Lucky us!
Reminders to pack in the backpack for wet, cool spring weather:
- Extra socks, shirt and pants
- Gloves and hand warmers
- Poncho or garbage bag for emergency dry layer.
- Plastic bags for inside wet boots
The week ahead at a glance: April 15-19
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday – At the park. Learning about rabbits and decorating rocks for Easter. Also starting Readers’ Theatre, mapping and using a compass.
- Thursday – At the school. Home Reading Book Exchange.
- Friday – Good Friday, no school. Enjoy the long weekend, Happy Easter! See you all on Tuesday, April 23 at the park.
- Saturday, April 20 – Community Event – I will be volunteering at the Yorkson Fish Release. Join in the fun at Derby Hills Park on 98 Ave at 11 AM. Wear boots, it’s very wet and mucky!