Whaaaat? I can’t believe it – June is here! As we head into the homestretch, please bring sunscreen/hat/water to enjoy the warm weather safely.
Monday, May 29 – Toad People movie 1:00, Wild Tea Chemistry Activity today and Tuesday – Bring a mug, Make-up test for Imparfait verbs
Tuesday, May 30 – Band
Wednesday, May 31 – Mme Markin needs late Scratch stories in this week, next at the LATEST. Juicicle sales for Intermediates.
Thursday, June 1 – Planetarium visits the gym 2-2:30
Friday, June 2 – Hot lunch, Band, Enrichment, Reading Circle Activity due
Monday – No school. Happy Victoria Day!
Tuesday – Bring a Protractor for math unit on angles. Band. Dodgeball in the gym at lunch.
Wednesday – Library. Scratch writing still overdue for Sophie, Ellaena, Mischa, Schyer and Kobe.
Thursday – Gym, Imparfait verb quiz
Friday – French Novel activity due. Band, Regional Track Meet for finalists. Good Luck!! Juicicles for sale at recess. $1.
Monday – Science Candy Cane lab write-up due, Math Fractions worksheets due, Trinity Permission Forms and Jump Rope $ envelopes due
Tuesday – Band, Fractions Multiple Choice Quiz (review Try it Out)
Wednesday – Playland (Bring lunch or money, sunscreen) Drivers please come to the classroom at 8:50 AM
Thursday – Gym, Imparfait Verb practice due – Quiz next Thursday.
Friday – Trinity Western Field trip. Bus leaves at 11:50 AM. We will eat a big snack at 11:30 in class. Hot lunch will be waiting upon our return at the end of the day for those who ordered.
I’m checking up on Home Reading. Please send in the sheet which records the French books students have read at home since Spring Break.
Please send in Permission Form for Trinity Science Field trip and Jump Rope for Heart envelopes.
Monday, May 8 – Student Vote, Math Ch. 7 Leçons 3,5 due
Tuesday, May 9 – Band
Wednesday, May 10 – Library
Thursday, May 11 – Heritage Fair Regional Finals. Students at school will be given work and placed in other classes for the day. Early Dismissal for Collaboration at 1:30.
Friday, May 12 – Jump Rope for Heart, Band, Enrichment, Hot Lunch
Last week, Jump Rope for Heart envelopes and Trinity Western University Field Trip forms went home. Please return anytime before May 11. Thank you!
Monday, May 1 – Legend skits performed, Gym, 1:00 Aché Brasil Assembly, Home Reading sheets collected for March-April.
Tuesday, May 2 – Track and Field Day – Dress in sports clothes and bring a water bottle. (no band)
Wednesday, May 3 – Library, Hand in late Scratch projects
Thursday, May 4 – Star Wars Day – Dress Up! Gym
Friday, May 5 – No School for students. Professional Development Day.
Our learning about the provincial election kicks off this week. Including your child in discussions about local issues and sharing media reports with them will help them rock the Student Vote on May 8.
Monday, April 24 – Math Test Ch. 6 Ratio and Percent. MLA and Liberal candidate Rich Coleman will speak to students about being an MLA and the Liberal platform.
Tuesday, April 25 – Band, Jump Rope for Heart Assembly
Wednesday, April 26 – Scratch projects due. Library.
Thursday, April 27 – Green candidate Bill Masse will speak to students about the Green party platform and his reasons for running. Gym will be outside.
Friday, April 28 – Band, enrichment
Hopefully everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend! Congratulations to all the students for a successful Heritage Fair last week. I am very proud of how well the students were able to communicate about their topics to all the judges, in French and English.
Tuesday – Field trip to Nicomekl Hatchery – bus leaves at 8:55. Please be on time and dress for the weather. Students will not need band instruments today.
Wednesday and Thursday – The Scratch projects are now due on Wednesday, April 26 instead of April 19. Students will get Wednesday and Thursday this week to work on the projects and Mme Markin will be there to help with technical issues. Mme St. Pierre is attending the Children and Nature Conference in Vancouver. CPF is presenting a french film for students on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday evening at 6pm there is an Internet Safety presentation for parents at JKE.
Friday – Band. Heritage Fair Finalists go to Fort Langley Community Hall 8:30-3:00.
Heritage Fair projects will be displayed and judged on Wednesday, April 12 & open to families and JKE classes on Thursday, April 13. More details to follow on the times of day that Div. 5 is in the gym.
- Students will find it exciting at first, then tiring and long, so please send pocket snacks, a bottle of water and a good book.
- Headphones and cellphones will not be permitted in the gym.
- Please send all projects on Tuesday for last minute touch-ups and to set up at the end of the day in the gym. Special artifacts should be brought Wednesday morning.
- The project should include all of the following:
- A display board with titles, subtitles, visuals and information glued or taped on.
- A ‘creative element': quiz, model, timeline, ipad, costume, food…the sky is the limit (well…no live animals or fire or …)
- A printed report (this can just be a repetition of the information on the board). There is no set number of pages but most projects have at least 3 paragraphs. This should be in French, typed and grammar corrected.
- A bibliography (a list of print, internet and interview research sources).
- A one-page Project Summary in English (started in class today).
- To prepare for project assessment, please practice answering the questions and look over the criteria on the attached Heritage Fair Judging Sheets.
We’ll be learning tons of new things this final term: Ratios, Geometry with triangles, Chemistry, Novel studies and the Student Vote. Track and Field is just around the corner, too. And wait ’til you see how our spuds, our bulbs and our salmon have grown! See you all tomorrow.
- Monday – Bring all your materials for learning back to school. Remember your Heritage Fair work. Bring your water bottle and inside shoes, too!
- Tuesday – Band
- Wednesday – Library, Mme Markin, Bring back Everest books
- Thursday – Gym
- Friday – Band
- French Speech Finals for Ève and Ellaena: Noel Booth Elem. April 4, 1:00-3:00
- Heritage Fair in the Gym: Wednesday, April 12 (Judging) and Thursday, April 13
- Easter weekend: Friday, April 14 – Monday, April 17
- Salmon Release Field Trip: Tuesday, April 18